Be A Part Of The Riverfront Shops’ Customer Base
Downtown Daytona Beach offers a local residential, customer base in the primary trade area of 136,850 persons and secondary trade area of 254,200 persons that generate an estimated $2.6 billion in annual retail sales, including $811 million from tourism. The trade area encompasses coastal Volusia County from Palm Coast, Fl to New Smyrna Beach, Fl. The Daytime employment base of Downtown Daytona Beach is 28,000 employees. There is an additional 38,000 employees within a 10 minute drive of Downtown. Daytona Beach is a strong tourist destination with 7.75 million visitors annually. The Retail Market analysis identifies the following demographic groups as key customers of the Riverfront Shops:
In addition to the local resident customers, the Riverfront Shops of Daytona Beach receives 20% of its retail business from tourists visiting the Daytona Beach region. 7.75 million tourists annually visit the area. Located two miles away from the Riverfront Shops are The Ocean Center, a 200,000-square-foot convention center, and the Daytona Beach Boardwalk, home to the 740-room Daytona Beach Hilton and the 200-room Wyndham Ocean Walk. Convenient trolley service is provided between the Riverfront Shops and the Ocean Center. The tourist industry continues to expand with the recently announced Hard Rock Hotel.
Be A Part Of The Riverfront Shops’ Marketing Campaign
As a Downtown Daytona Beach business, you have the opportunity to be a part of the Riverfront Shops’ marketing campaign. The Daytona Beach Downtown Development Authority manages the highly successful Riverfront Shops of Daytona Beach campaign to attract customers to the district and to establish a unified brand for the district. The campaign includes the following components:
- Riverfront Shops of Daytona Beach Website: Allows visitors to explore recent business news from Riverfront Shops retailers and restaurants, sign-up for the monthly newsletter, explore a directory of Downtown businesses, and learn about upcoming Downtown events. Downtown businesses may advertise their business with feature ads for an additional fee.
- Riverfront Shops of Daytona Beach Facebook Page: Keeps our “friends” updated on Downtown events and Riverfront Shops’ business promotions.
- Online Advertising: Google SEM and Facebook advertising drives potential customers to the Riverfront Shops Website and Facebook Page.
- E-Newsletter: Monthly newsletters update Riverfront Shops customers about business news, upcoming Downtown events, and monthly features of one of our merchants.
- Television Advertising: Riverfront Shops of Daytona Beach branding ads run throughout the year on complementary channels.
- Hotel Rack Cards: The Riverfront Shops of Daytona Beach brochure is in hotel racks of 150+ area hotels.
Downtown Daytona Beach hosts several events during the year to bring new customers to the Riverfront Shops of Daytona Beach businesses. Annual Downtown events include:
- Halifax Art Festival: This annual two-day event, presented by the Guild of the Museum of Arts and Sciences, is a juried art event that attracts 30,000 visitors to Downtown.
- Spirit of the Automobile: This annual spring event, presented by a Riverfront Shops business owner, attracts 15,000 visitors to view a range of antique and special cars.
- Riverfront Fridays: A monthly event that promotes shopping and dining in Downtown. The all-day event includes special retail promotions in stores, lunch and happy hour specials in restaurants, and an evening movie in Riverfront Park.
- Downtown Farmers Market: Every Saturday morning on City Island, area farmers and vendors sell fresh and organic fruits and vegetables, baked goods, seafood and local food.